RE: NON-static shocks from unpowered secondary?

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hello Malcolm,

I've been bitten by the secondary and by the basketball goal post that was
the target of the TC arcs.  (Not badly bitten but small sharp nips).

There is quite a light show when petting a cat when it's very dry and very
dark.

Pete Komen

I've been post-operation bitten by my 10" coil a number of times. The
charges appear to reside in the coil insulation and are highly
localized. You can go back over the same spot several times and get a
repeat dose. And they are sharp and quite painful. One day I must do
this in dark after running the coil and see what visuals accompany
the phenomenon.

Regards,
Malcolm