Re: Hows the flat coil

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,
  Has anyone tried using spray on adhesive? Like the kind
that you use to stick sand paper to a disc sander.. or any
spray-on adhesive for that matter.. it usually stays tacky
for a long time and should have enough stength to hold the
wire..

Coiling in Bittsburgh
Ben McMillen

> I noticed that the carpet tape adhesive is VERY
> susceptible to solvents.
> Almost any solvent will weaken or destroy it.  I think we
> need to "test"
> the adhesive first before applying it.  Hot glue or
> "maybe" water based
> polyurethane or paints would do it.  Artists use some
> gentle fixers for
> charcoal drawings.  We will just have to try things and
> see.

<snip>