RE: Vortices off tops of discharges

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Jim,

>Are you saying that Dave's plasma vortex is definitely due to rising heat?

Richard can say what he wants about the vortex, there was no heat of
consequence in the vortex in my plasma ball.  At high frequencies, the light
is cold.  Tesla recorded a similar observation in his carbon button lamp.
It was a different arrangement, but similar principle.

I plan to get some "carborundum" (silicon carbide - commonly used as an
abrasive and rock tumbling medium) and make a carbon button lamp.  I've been
working a lot with Envirotex Lite resin lately, and it seems this would be a
good medium to set the carborundum and aluminum post in.  Tesla bonded his
materials with tar and then put the assembly in a partial vacuum.  I'm
guessing that if instead of a vacuum, I simply pour a lot of resin around
the button, that light would glow within the resin.  Are there any plastics
experts here who would know if this would work?

Dave