rf burns

Original poster: "Mark Conway by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mjconway-at-ihug.co.nz>

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering why rf burns take so long to heal compared to normal burns.
Over the years I've had a few minor rf burns off my sstc and they
definitely do take a while to heal.

I think I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that rf burns take a
long time to heal because the rf seals off the entire burn (including under
the skin) so that blood or whatever cannot get to the burn to heal it. A
normal burn is only on the top of the skin so that blood can get underneath
to start the healing process.

Is the above true? I've tried doing a search on yahoo for rf burns but I
have not come up with anything that talks about them in detail.

Best Regards,
Mark