Re: Making Flat secondaries - disaster #1...

drilling plastic can be easy or a mess. If the plastic is flexable the
material jumps up and causes a mess. This can be stoped by using a top plate
of wood to hold it down. If you turn the drill to fast or feed the drill to
fast it will grab, Making the drill bit flatter also helps. This stops the
bit grabing a big chunk.Wood drills with the cutting edge on the outside
also work for flexable plastic when drilled from both sides. Solid plastics
don't cause much problems if fed slow. A drill press helps.
   Robert  H