From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 2:31 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Resonant Frequency

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Ed,
   here is my "armchair physicist's" take on this effect. In a 6" diameter
coil the points that are 19" apart along the length of wire (PI*6") are
actually physically right next to each other. So as the signal is travelling
along the wire it induces that same signal 19" ahead (and to a lessor extent
38" ahead, and 57", etc). So the signal is getting way ahead of the "long
way" along the length of the wire by traveling across windings. So to me
the real question is not "why isn't it slower because of all the mutual
inductance and capacitance", but rather why is it only about 2 times faster
rather than _19_ times faster!
-Peter Lawrence.