Re: Experimental Help - Terry?

> > =======
>> > If they have a black plastic base with big brass blocks on the ends and a
>> > funny metallic strip in between, they work very poorly at RF.  Been there
> >> done that...  I would use current monitors like Pearson makes.

> > Not exactly.  They are from old radio transmitters for measurement of
>>RF currents. Ed probably knows what I'm referring to.  They are about 14"
>>long and are made of some type of metal alloy.  (Constantine ?)

	Constantan
	(I cheated & checked....)
	Used in thermocouples and resistive sensors (strain gages, etc).
	I can't further ID how its being used here.  (if it is Constantan).

	Might be a 'hot wire' (second gen) type sensor.

>> The conductors are thin metal and are about 1 1/8" wide.  Resistance
>>is ~ 0.001 ohm calculated from stamped on values.

> > The big one has three levels of these metal conductors about 1/8" stacked
> > apart.

	Could be inductive, could be thermal pickups.  I'd expect
	inductive, could be wrong.

> > They use the same RF principles as your fiber optic current shunts.

	best
	dwp