Re: RSG Idea

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Cory, All

If this basic idea isn't flawed, I can think of ways of taking it
further; insulating disc with round holes (more mechanical strength than
slots)...

You could even have two sets of parallel electrodes at differing radii,
with holes alternating at those radii, giving alternate firing of gaps;
this would mean that each gap would only experience half the duty cycle
of a single one, keeping it cooler, etc;  with a large enough disc, you
could have even more sets of electrodes, but then larger discs have
larger peripheral speeds and thus greater fragility.

Another idea: discs with series of holes drilled at different radii and
in different numbers; electrodes can be moved in and out along the
radius giving different break rates without any change in motor speed...

Drilled holes in a disc would also make it easier to make a balanced rotor.

I like this idea

Cheers

Matthew Smith

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>

why not have a gap of 2