Re: Resonant Frequency/Conical

Tesla list wrote:

> <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

> Quite possibly.  Tesla did experiment with them.
> Mike

> > Does this suggest a cone might resonate exactly at quarter wave?
> >
> > Dave

	Concur, on both counts.
	(tho Tesla did not seem to continue using them....?)

	The tricky bit is that while there is a deal of
	practical and theoretical knowledge towards designing
	to a given resonance for 'solenoid' (tubular, single layer)
	coils (tho it seems not widely known...), I
	suspect there is little if any trial and error or
	mathematical base to design for a given Freq...

	best
	dwp