RE: How to Tune a Flat Spiral Coil

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Bart,

>You lost me here. Are you saying that changing the primary inductance in
the tank won't tune the coil?

I'm reporting my direct experience applied to two different flat spiral
coils.  By matching the capacitor of the primary to the inductor of the
secondary according to the frequency measurement I described, I'm getting
very close to a perfect resonance.  Is it the only resonance?  I don't know.
But it works quite well.

Dave