Re: vttc

In a message dated 1/1/02 2:18:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Claude,

My 36" spark VTTC used a flat primary (actually it was a 15 degree
inverted cone).  I made the grid coil slightly
larger in diameter than the secondary, and placed it beneath the
secondary.  The coil used a 6.5" x 23" secondary wound with
28awg wire.  The primary was about 20 turns of 12awg stranded
pvc insulated wire.  The grid coil used a two layer solenoid about
1" long and 7" dia or so wound with 18awg, pvc insulated solid wire
(about 18 turns).  I used (4) 833A tubes, and supplied the power
from a 6300 volt plate transformer.   I did not have any flashover
problems.

  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

Click on tube coils, and other links.

Cheers,