Re: vttc

Claude; I use 3 primaries ( seperatly selected) a flat, a solonoid, and a
cone. My secondary is mounted so I can change the highth in the primary
easly to ajust coupling. at times I must place a short piece of , next
larger, PVC pipe betweem my primary and secondary to stop arc over. You
could try this. My tube TC requires closer coupliing than my spark gap TC. I
asseme this is because the tube is much lower current drive. The copper
requirement of a flat coil is about 3x that of my solinoid coil. 75 ft as to
35 ft. If you wind a flat coil buy plenty of wire, youll nead it.
  Robert  H