Re: book

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Hi All,

The worth of such a book would be in the quality of its content,
rather than quantity.  For this reason I fully agree with Antonio's
and Matt D's comments:

> If unedited, another massive, self-contradictory "Holy Book" will
> be added to the world's confusion.

> peer-reviewed contributions of several authors with recognized
> knowledge on the specific areas, under the coordination of an
> editor.

Well said, both.

> ...the perceived "tyranny" of peer review...

is exactly what is needed.  From simple typos to major reality
shifts on the part of the author - very few TC web pages are not
faulty in some non-trivial way.  That's the big failing of the web -
anyone can put up any old rubbish.  How does the newbie sort out fact
from error or nonsense?

We already have lots of web sites out there, of varying quality and
content.  Please let's not just add to it.  Instead, let's invent a
peer review process, to which sites and papers can be submitted.
Peer review is not something that has been applied to Tesla research
before, as far as I can see,  so it could be a great step forward.

Then, a definitive, continually evolving 'book' would take the form
of a contents list of links to peer reviewed web documents.
The quality of the book would be defined by the editorial standards
and peer review process agreed upon.

By this means we get the best out of the web, without suffering its
major drawback.  At the same time, pages could be graded for
technical standard: novice, intermediate, or expert perhaps.

Alexander Rice:
> the best solution would be a lotus domino server

If we are discussing server technology, then we've missed the point
and the book has failed already.

--
Paul Nicholson,