Re: More SSTC Questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

Ok i have had a lot of trouble with the 555 section for some reason.Im using
the exact parts in the schematic.Im only getting 7.5 volts out from the
transistors?I do not know why?Before i got 12 volts or so out.Im using a 12
volt adapter.Ive checked and double checked everything.What could be wrong?I
have another Q. I dont have access to an O-scope or money to buy one.If my
555 is even occislating at all, would i get a positive reading?Is it possible
for the 555 to be messed up some how and be putting out a non-pulsating
signal?If it was broken, would i even get a signal wether its a high enough
voltage output?I have tried replacing both 555 and the transistor pairs.

Matt