Re: gathering TC knowledge

Hi Kilroy,

I think your TCIA:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TCIA/tcia/tcia.html

or something similar is the best way to go.  I don't think there is any
"easy" way to do it.  I can easily give others write permission (with your
approval) and such if you need.  I think any effort will require the inputs
from many, and other people to "sort it all out".  It's almost too big for
any one person.  Keeping things as simple as possible is important for
maintaining it an keeping it easy for others to work with.

I also send copies of hot-streamer-dot-com out on CDrom not only to help people
with slow connections, but also to "back it up" so the information gets
stored with many people all over the Earth.  It would be hard to truly
"loose" information is this case. It was really meant as sort of a
collection point for any and all coiling information that it could "suck
in".  Much information is lost simply do to the limits on web space or the
site "dies" never to be seen again.  Hot-streamer has no such limits and it
can be distributed around so nothing will get lost no matter what.  There
are modern search tools that can search all kinds of files and archives for
information for people that are serious about studying a specific thing,
but that does not help the normal person looking for information.
Hot-streamer has a LOT of information, but not even "I" can find stuff
anymore.  I find I often help people just to find things on it, sort of
like the librarian who knows where all the best books are hidden :-))

I am not sure we have "the" answer, but were getting closer.

Cheers,

	Terry