Re: americium 241

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<RQBauzon-at-aol-dot-com>

>i was wondering if by attaching a chunk of americium 241 to my spark gap, i
>could aid the ionization process thus yielding a higher break rate? or would
>that just be defeating the purpose of quenching?

not a good idea ....  vaporied radioactive materials floating arond the
room isnt one thing to wish for....

besides, it would make quenching more difficult ...   thats why they put
thorium in tungsten MIG tips....

it helps keep the arc going...

Scot D