Re: Help! Suicidal Secondary

Original poster: "James B by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <zebulan123-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Welcome to the list Winston
 I have experienced this problem in the past with my
22" x 3" coil it will put out 5'+ sparks but i must be
very carful or sparks races up and down the side"over
powering the thing" The only recourse that worked for
me short of lowering the power was to use a small
toroid as a corona shield and place a few breakout
lumps ,not points, on my monster top load. a smaller
total top load stoped my problem as well, but the
sparks were shorter then. hope this helps.
                 James