Re: 3 phase

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

As several others have mentioned, it's rather easy to "create" three
phase power from a single phase source by using a three phase motor
and a few RUN capacitors.  I've built about six of them in the past
year for customers, the latest being based around a 125 HP motor, a
biggy for sure!  I'd be glad to answer any questions (off list) that
fellow coilers may have about these rotary converters.  I'm like the
story of the shoeless kids of the shoemaker, I haven't got around to
building one for myself yet to power my big X-ray supply which needs
240 Volt, three phase, at about 15 amps!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca