Re: x-kW coils

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

hey...don't worry about finding two MOT's that are identical! I have

1 MOT (from a 1000 watt oven)
2 MOT's (from a 1100 watt oven)
1 MOT from a 850 watt oven)

4 aiding on a 240 V input gets me 15 - 16 kVAC!! No problems if you put it
under transformer oil (minerial oil, Motor oil "whatever" etc)

....+ you will have plenty of CURRENT to play with. I think right now I'm
able to draw 3 to 3.8 kW -at- 15 kV on medium power setting!!!

I have only run my transformer once at 90% power 16.2 kV at peak!

....some MOT's are built better than others... I've seen Voltage variations
from ~15 to 17 kV output with 4 MOT's, and this is common, so don't get
freaked out about it. If you feel uncertain, try aiding a 4 pairs of 3
medium power rated MOT's. It WILL output more power than a 10 kVA POLE PIG
on 240V service!!