Re: Synchronous Rotary Mechanical Bridge Rectifier

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>
> >
> > The Edison cell chargers that powered lights and radios used mechanical
> > rectifiers. the read was tuned like a tuning fork and magnetized with a
> > magnet. As the AC powered a solinoid coil the read would vibrate on/off at
> > the power frequency producing 1/2 wave DC. A sync. rotery gap should do the
> > same job if timed correctly.
> >   Robert  H
>
>         Somewhere I still have a Benwood battery charger which uses a
vibrating
> reed in the manner you describe.  It works just fine and makes
> incredible radio noise!

Ed, All
I recently was given a box of electrical goodies (my friends say that if
it has a cord or used electricity, marc will want it) this box included
a working "westinghouse "rectigon" "cell charger" that uses a rectifier
that they call a "bulb" (looks like a light bulb). anyway, in the goodie
box is a " "zenith" vibrator part #190-22v.
Could this be one of what you're talking about? it is very heavy.

Take care,
Marc