Re: FCC Regs

Original poster: "Randy by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <randy-at-gte-dot-net>

A couple of thoughts:

NOBODY gets in your home without a warrant, Fedz or otherwise.
(I don't think FCC, w/o Fed Marshalls, can kick in your door based
on "probable cause", for RFI)
Nobody is permitted to confiscate *anything* w/o at least a receipt.
That Constitution thing about unlawful search and seizure.

As to the likelihood of FCC DF'ing you for coiling, as a fellow ham,
consider this: We once had somebody jam the weekly 2-meter net,
regularly and consistently. We DF'd him with Adcock antennas, on
multiple dates, and had it pinned down to a local telco facility that
took up a block or two of real estate. Calls were made, FCC supposedly
was going to be there on a particular night.... the jammer cooperated,
FCC never showed. It wasn't like they had to do any sort of detective
work, we had him located. Hopefully your neighbors have less sway
with FCC than licensed ops.
I lack the knowledge to say myself, but others have said that the Q of
the coil circuit tends to lend itself to not having alot of spurious sigs.

73 de N4MBL.

Randy