Re: FCC Regs

> Can anybody here "Down Under" (or having knowledge thereof) comment on
> a) who regulates such things in Australia and b) just how nasty they are
> when it comes to RFI produced by our experiments?
Why, the government regulates it of course....
Australian Communication Authority http://www.aca.gov.au/ is the top level
web site...
More particularly, you might want to take a look at equipment compatibility
regs: http://www.aca.gov.au/standards/index.htm
The equivalent to the US Part 15 is mostly in the EMC regulations

As to nastyness?  You might check the web for radio amateurs in Australia
and email and ask. The folks modifying wireless LAN stuff are probably the
most sophisticated here (they're at the commercially sensitive "pointy end
of the spear")...

> I know that the TV reception where I am is so poor (everyone has at
> least a 40' antenna mast in their back yard) that nobody would know the
> difference between TC induced RFI and a plain, bad signal ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Matthew Smith
> Kadina, S. Australia
> (For the curious: 137Deg42'47"E, 33Deg57'49"S)
>
> Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>
> >
> > Try to avoid an official answer, the sledge hammer boys talk rough.
> > Basicly any emmission 0ver 25 milli watt in a broadcast frequency band
is
> > controled.
> >   Robert  H
> >

> >>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> >>Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:04:18 -0700
> >>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >>Subject: FCC Regs
> >>
> >>Original poster: "Steve Stuart by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"