Re: new coilers and questions

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Gary Kasper by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<prodent-at-centurytel-dot-net>

>Hi everyone,
>I just joined the list.  WOW! It's pretty busy here. I never thought there
>would be so many coilers out there.
>I and a few friends who are pretty much middle aged electricians, decided
>that we would finally build a TC.
>Our little group consists of industrial electricians, utility engineer and a
>lineman.  Man do we have questions.
>Mike Hammer was kind enough to send us here to learn more from you pro's.

SNIPPERZZZ>>>

Hi Gary et al ...

first off ...  a 12.5KV -at- .5KVA ???   pig?  ( sounds more like a NST )
most piggies run 14KV -at- 10KVA

anyway...   "building"  a coil is easy ....  getting to work is another
story ;)

get the address to the Tesla List ( a list of webpages dealing with T
coils) and read read read....

http://j.webring-dot-com/hub?ring=teslaring&id=265&hub

notice all the different variations of spark gaps and capacitor set ups
and decide which is feesible to your financial limits...   ( big hint
here  go for the MMC style caps ) (( home mades are a good learning
experience but it gets real pricey after 3 or 4 times of rebuilding them ))

check out my web page for further info ...

HTTP://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

Scot D