Re: Running Coil without secondary coating?

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hi Mike, Matt
I've used the spray-on\krylon products on many industrial motors, field
coils and also on almost all my coils, I recommend it very highly. The
best way that i found to coat anything with it is to use thin coats
allowing it to flash dry for five minutes or so and then coat again, and
so on.
Even when painting it out of a gallon can i try to spread thin even
coats, In fact, the coils that i sprayed with clear polyurethane seemed
to me to get more racing arcs and were the only ones i've gotten bit by
tearing down?
I guess it boils down to the look you like and what you can get? The
nice thing about insulating varnish is that if you do get an arc that
burns through, a quick wipe with denatured alcohol and a few fresh coats
usually makes it good as new.
Take care,
Marc M.

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi Mike,
> My experience with Krylon has been one of poor quality control, both in
product
> and can - some good, some lousy. That is why I couldn't recommend it to
Patrick