Re: Suicidal Secondary--Update

Hi Winston,

At 09:30 PM 1/10/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>On more thing.  How many caps do all of you have in your MMCs.  I have
>90 in mine (it's a tough unit, IMO).  I paid about $100 for 100 of the
>caps.  They are in the C&H Sales fall 2001 catalog on page104 at the
>bottom right corner.  I don't know how they would hold up in a "real"
>coil system, but they sure work well for me.
>
>Still stumped,
>    Winston K.

MMCs need enough caps in series to handle the voltage and enough strings in
parallel to handle the current.

For common setups using caps from the Geek Group, the following chart is
already made:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/MMCcapSales.gif

There is a program that figures it out at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/programs/Mmccalc2.zip

The program is based off the equations at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/MMCPower4.html

Other info is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/mmcinfo.htm

Cheers,