FCC regs & airports

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 08:47 PM 11/01/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Steve Stuart by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sstuart-at-glasscity-dot-net>

>Hey all..

<snip>

>I'm lucky.  I only have a handful of neighbors within a square
>mile.  Closest one is an acre away, so not too concerned with
>interference there.  But local airport is a couple of miles away
>and I've heard that the hair stands up on the back of their neck
>when the noise comes up on the radio.  They still use AM you
>know.
>
>73 de Steve

Hello Steve, Coilers,

I live about a mile off the end of the most active runway of our
local airport.  They have a non-directional beacon that operates
on 261 kHz. which just happens to be the frequency my Tesla coil
runs on!!  I've experienced no troubles, and I'd be the first to
know, as I'm an avionics technician and know most of the pilots
on a personal basis!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca