Re: Ball Lightning

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Nebojsa Kovacevic by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <morfeus-at-EUnet.yu>

>     * Hello Terry!
>
> I believe you are right about that. I was thinking the same way, but I
was just
> wondering, considering what people are talking about ball lightning, if
anyone
> considered experiments in the area of using two frequency colisions,
instead of
> carbon particles or something else. I will have to check here at the Museum,
> they have published some notes, I have never read before about this. I still
> have a copy, but it is not on English. Very, very interesting area of
research,
> and our luck is that it needs Tesla coils to acchieve this. We have plenty of
> those he,he..
>
> Regards,
> Nele

	What do you mean by "two frequency collisions"?????  If you arrange a
spark between two otherwise identical coils tuned to different
frequencies there will be times when the voltages are out of phase and
the peak voltage (at least under no-load conditions) will be twice the
voltage of each individual coil, but if you tune them to the same
frequency that will happen all of the time.  No increase it net power
available, of course.

Ed