Re: Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny...

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

> Thanks for the info; at what frequency are you driving your flyback?
> > http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla/micro/tc-micro.htm

I _think_ it was something around 30kHz or so. The 1/2-copper-tube
spark gap was set very small, so that the series capacitors don't get
overvolted. Should be 3 kVDC, at most, for spark gap ignition. You
could very well use some other than TV flyback transformer for this
purpose (>15kV from the flyback is never used). Maybe a very small
self-wound high freq transformer on a ferrite core, with proper
insulation (oil? tape? epoxy resin?). Say 5 pri turns of copper strip
and about 1000 sec turns of thin wire. Or just 1 pri and 200 sec. Just
and idea... (I know it works, as I did get my xenon strobe charging
and trigger circuit to work with self built thumbsized hv xfmrs)

- jfw

--
 high voltage at http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla