Re: Wire gauge conversion formulae

> Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

> I found these interesting formulae on the web.
>

> d(inches) = 0.32/2^(G/6)

Or... 0.16 ^ (G/6)

Actually, all the nominal wire gauges can be generated by some exponential
formula of the form d = a ^(g * b), with lots of possibilities for a and b.

The one you gave is nice, though, because the number is small and easy to
remember.

I suspect that the error is probably <1%