Re: Air core variable cap...

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hi Wells,
I did this with a small tuning capacitor that i had taken out of an
arc-5 transmitter, I wanted to use it on the gm hei spark length record
attempt. I was amazed at how much capacitance i gained by just immersing
the multiplate cap in mineral oil, It went from 15pf in air up to 45pf
in oil. The cap has a plate separation .047".
I think a castor oil or even glycerin would bring that up nicely?
Take care,
Marc M.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>