Re: MOT current draw question

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi again.

	I'm sorry, I wasn't clear as to what I was measuring.  I did my tests
with individual transformers, one at a time, with the outputs shorted.
One of my MOTs pulled 40 amps, according to the current transformer.
The transformer is not damaged, and can run on a 15 amp breaker for
quite a while before the breaker trips.  I'm just not sure why my meter
says it's pulling 40 amps.  If that was true, my breaker should trip
*FAST*, shouldn't it?  I also had a voltmeter hooked up so I could do
true wattage measurments.  According to my math, at 39 amps and 95 volts
one MOT was pulling almost 4000 watts.  This can't be right, so can
somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again,
Winston K.