RE: NST Fix

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>

>I heard the main problem with used NSTs is cracking
>tar causing them to fail... does this mean they
>internally arc?

Yes, exactly.

>Could an NST be depotted and then submerged in oil?

Yes, but it's difficult to find a robust container that won't eventually
leak or spill.  I used melted Vaseline petroleum jelly to pot my
resurrected NST, which re-jelled after it cooled.  Guaranteed not to leak!

Gary Lau
MA, USA