Re: interrupter

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Mike,
  I have made a Weinhelt interrupter.  I don't know that it will provide you
the rapid interruption you want or not, but one thing to keep in mind:  each
time a bubble reaches the surface, it will 'pop' and create a mist of sulfuric
acid solution.  The amount of current you will get will also depend on the size
of the Pt wire.  I used a fairly large rod(approx 1/8 in. diam) and used it for
a battery powered TC.  It worked, but not as well, in my opinion, as a buzzer
interrupter.
Mike