From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: 19 January 2002 19:40
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: ferrite mini coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<PeterCGMN-at-aol-dot-com>

    While I was scrapping an old radio for entertainment I found a ferrite
rod about 1/2" wide and about 4 1/2" long. Since I have read about the
advantages about having ferrite in the center of the secondary, I have
decided to build a small coil around it. I have two questions:

1) Can I power it with very little power? (like strait out of the wall, or a
6.5kv xformer powered by a car battery?) I am only planning on playing with
it, I don't intend for it to be very impressive.

2) It is slightly oval, two of the sides are flattened will this affect it?

73, Kc0Ion "Ion-Boy"