Re: ferrite mini coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PeterCGMN-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/20/02 8:45:58 AM, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Well, same rule as always - Drive it with as much as you can get! If you
>wanted you could attempt a mains powered one, it would be something cool
>try. Use it with a flash tube/strobe light instead of a spark gap. Mess
>about with how many primary turns as it depends on the capacitor you use.
>Select between 1 and 5 nF though, I have mine running on 4.8nF, with 5
primary
>turns, 200 secondary. Put more secondary turns than I did for better results
>though.

Thanks, this should help. Where could I obtain a strobe light? Would I only
need a strobe bulb, or is there like circuitry that I would need to accompany
it? Hopefully I can get this up and running within a couple weeks.

73, Kc0Ion, "Ion-Boy"