Re: mosfet intrinsic NPN transistor (paper)

Original poster: "Marco Denicolai by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <marco.denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jan Florian Wagner by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

> Hi,
>
> just thought this could be of interest to the solid state coilers here...
>
>  http://www.advancedpower-dot-com/TechSupp/App_Notes/apt9803/APT9803.pdf
>  (and yes, solid state welding and solid state coiling are "similar"
>  applications! :o)

Hi Jan,

thanks for the paper. It has a good start, but doesn't really deliver
anything in terms of solutions. A capacitor to slow down Vds transitions
or use of FREDFETs: yeah, a real breakthrough :)

I find more interesting the list of references at the end of the paper.
And interesting is also the concept that if we want to built a robust
SSTC we have just to look to solid-state welders. They have to effort
similar stress conditions.

Also the site the paper comes from is worth of being digged for other
articles.

Best Regards