Re: Isis and Osiris-- what mystery? :-))

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/21/02 4:18:58 PM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Consider the primary circuit (with however many coils it has - two in
>  this case) in isolation. It resonates at 150kHz odd. You couple a
>  resonator to one of the coils. It also is tuned to 150kHz.

>  primary coil is not coupled is simply "off-axis" inductance. Couple
>  another 150kHz resonator to the uncoupled primary coil. Nothing about
>  the primary has changed (except that it is now coupled to two
>  circuits absorbing energy at its resonant frequency.<<<<<<
***************************************
Hi Malcolm,
No mystery any longer. What you say above clears the fog. It, and finally
understanding that the current circulating in the series primary circuit is
oscillating
in the entire circuit at F res is most convincing.  For anyone planning to
build a twin
TC, they should be forewarned that the tuning can be a challenge. I could not
have done it without a scope, sig gen and counter. The tuning is a challenge
but the
reward is 70 + inches of spark. I expected the twin to behave exactly the
same as the 48 inch horizontal bipolar it is derived from. But the separation
between the two resonators was only an inch, now it's 5-6 feet. That made a
big difference in the tuning of the beast, at least to me it did.

Many thanks to all on the list for your patient help.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman

>  primary coil is not coupled is simply "off-axis" inductance. Couple
>  another 150kHz resonator to the uncoupled primary coil. Nothing about
>  the primary has changed (except that it is now coupled to two
>  circuits absorbing energy at its resonant frequency.

 Is there still a