GM HEI coil

Original poster: "darinwil-at-execpc-dot-com by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <darinwil-at-execpc-dot-com>

Hello all,
I have a question...
I am trying to hook up a Ignition coil to produce HV, not really for Tesla
use as this circuit would = bad. I found a schematic that shows how to hook
it up just to produce HV but Im not even getting that. If any of you are
familiar with the "Wells" Brand Ignition coil for 1976 Caddilac's Like some
of the people are using for triggered gaps maybe you could help. It is
hooked up like this (Please excuse the ASCII):
  Standard Light Dimmer
             |               .01mF 2Kv
            \/                 |
                               \/