Re: TC quesions

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hi Steve,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Not a bad explanation, except that it is -not- a
> transformer.

Why would this not be considered or called a "transformer? doesn't it
"transform" the low voltage\high current stored in the "high
capacitance\low inductance" side into a corresponding equal power in the
"low capacitance\high inductance" side, at high voltage\ low current?
All things are equal, unless the resonant rise makes the difference?
Basically, Isn't this the same thing an iron core transformer does?
Excuse my dumb showing through, but If i don't ask, I wont know.
Thanks,
Marc M.

 The primary has high capacitance and low