Re: Big Terry Filter Limits?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CHURCHMON-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Terry,
Mike Church here again, What dictates the stand off voltage in these
resistors ?
Is it the actual length of them or construction ? The reason I'm asking is I
would like to obtain a couple and I need to know what to ask for exactly.
Another thought is that if the more watts they are rated at (100 or 250)
,does this mean that they are going to waste this much more of my avilable
power comming from my four 15/60's in heat?

I guess what I need is something more along the lines of the big long ceramic
type resistors other than the smaller variety 3/8" x 1" with the colored
bands on them.

Sorry for all the questions
Thanks again,Mike Church (CHURCHMON)-at-aol