RE: obits

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi

You can hook them in series, but the insulation will fail within a short
time. You might even get a whole 30 minutes of operation, but the insulation
will eventually fail. You might have longer operating time if the
transformers are depotted and submerged under oil. Transformer oil performs
miracles for high voltage transformers. Because the transformers are center
connected to their cores, you cannot center ground the high voltage
connection between the two transformers. So you cannot reduce the voltage
stress to the core by center grounding. I do not advise placing the furnace
transformers in series.

Godfrey Loudner