Re: Multiplier Powered Tesla

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I once used a Marx circuit as a voltage doubler--to
bump 4kvac from a pair of MOTs up to 12kv peak. The
Marx capacitors actually served as the Tesla tank
caps, and the Marx spark gaps as the Tesla coil gaps.
It was sort of an integrated Marx/Tesla coil. This
achieved voltage doubling without the need for any
solid state devices. TC spark output was pretty
satisfying. However, the design eventually broke down
due to inadequate isolation resistors (they slowly
burned up), and I never got around to upgrading them.
I still think with modern MMC tank caps and sturdy
isolation resistors, an integrated Marx/Tesla coil
would be practical.

Documentation of the experiment is on my site.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg