RE: Capacitors

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

I whole-heartedly agree that there is an awful lot of utter garbage being
sold on ebay suggesting that it's suitable for "Tesla", notably Glassmike
caps and multi-microfarad sized caps.  If you're not sure is an ebay cap is
suitable for use in a coil, ask the list (and it probably won't be :-(.
And don't get me started on the "Nikola Tesla Purple Positive Energy
Angel"!  Shame on those sellers!

But I'm not sure I share your concern for Maxwell caps.  I am well aware of
the rated life expectancy issues with Maxwell's (or any other cap), but as
a practical matter, how many times have we heard of a Maxwell expiring in
actual Tesla service?  I have not.

Gary Lau
MA, USA