Derivation--no more sic quesions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/26/02 12:18:38 PM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Agree, with a very small quibble..  But isn't the expression using the
>  capacitance ratio more instructive way to look what actually happens?
>  As you point out, the process starts with energy stored in the primary
>  capacitor, and the maximum peak voltage in the secondary occurs when all
>  of the energy from the primary capacitor is stored in the secondary
>  capacitance.
>
>  Ed

Hi Ed,

I think that is what I was getting at when I asked Antonio if V2 max / V1 max
may be assumed to be the peak voltage. The quibble is with the "when all,"
and I was asking about the voltage ratios. That is where the derivation begins
at the beguine.  :-))

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman