Re: Ideas for HV Wiring.

>BTW, I tested the x-ray cable on my coil with it disconnected from
>the coil and energized: there's NO corona hiss, even at 17 kV :-)
>
>Sparkin' in Memphis,
>David Rieben

I should hope not :) They're designed for >150kVDC.

Without the ends connected, and suspended in air hanging by strings (if you
lay them on the floor, they will arc out to the concrete). I will get
breakout, hissing, and other nasty things from the 3 knobs on the ends (a
X-ray cable with standard Federal ends has 3 conductors, they are at
slightly different voltages). There's a LONG way from the little hiss of an
Obit or NST and the wicked hiss of 150VDC, it's amazing :), it's more like a
screaming whine than a hiss.

I love X-ray transformers :)

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1