sync motors

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

Hi all -

I was reading some old posts about sync motors for a RSG, and found one about
making a sync motor from a typical (I think) AC motor.  I might have read it
incorrectly, but is this possibly?  How exactly does one go about doing this?
Is there a webpage taht describes how to do it? I have a few 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2
HP AC motors laying around . . . great for a SRSG, except that they're not
synchronous.  Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Sean Taylor
The Geek Group
G-1 #1204
<http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org>www.thegeekgroup-dot-org