Re: toroid question

Your theory is correct. In that form the toroid ring is a shorted turn, but
the free space impedance of that location is very high like the tips of an
antenna so you are at a high voltage point and a very low current point. The
toroid acts like a capacitor mounted on the end of an antenna with the base
at 35 ohms or less( ground) and the top at 600 meg (free space). The load
effect is there and is real, but the current is extreamly low(a capacitive
hat) That will accumulate a voltage charge and make streamers.
   Robert  H