Re: question

Maybe this will help. I hope you know the left hand rule. The magnetic field
is at a 90o angle to the winding or perpendicular to the path of the
current.The voltage is accumulated at the end of the circuit path and tends
to flow from the end to a current flow source path. The current flows along
a path In the wire. it follows the wire which is curved, but when it escapes
from the wire it tries to follow the shortest distance between two points.In
The air current is created with a new magnetic field which bends the
streamer that escapes from the toroid. All along the way the forces are at
right angles to each other. That is why the streamers arnt straight. The
path of the wire is the path you made not the natural curve of the streamer.
You do not see the long curve of the streamer because it is altered by all
of the stray magnetic fields made in the air path.In a artificial magnetic
field like a magnetron you can see the curve formed in a vacuum, but not in
the air. The natural curve is several meters across and appears to be
straight to the eye.
    Robert  H