Re: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

> Hi Godfrey,
>
> I have a relatively small X-ray transformer as part of an X-ray power
> supply.  The output is 110KV at 3mA.  Can I simply hook this up to a small
> Tesla secondary?

	Directly?
	Or via a spark gap?

	Others have tried HV (typically x ray) transformers.
	I believe the catch has been that a distinctly different
	spark gap approach is needed...

	And the choice (or construction....) of caps becomes
	challenging...

	best
	dwp