capacitors

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

Hi everyone - does anyone know if microwave oven capacitors (polypropylene
dielectric) work well for TCs if in series for higher voltage? The reason I ask
is I have about 100 of them, they are split into 2 section, one at 0.86 uF, one
at 0.34 uF, with a common center.  They are rated at 2100 V and then say 50/60
Hz after that, so I'm assuming that thats an AC rating . . .  I would be
willing to sell some for $5 each, if anyone would be interested.  If they
aren't good for tank use, maybe for voltage doubler/level shifter circuits?
First people to email me OFF list will get the caps . . .

Also, I have 12 .05 uF pulse caps rated at 10 KVDC each.  Will these work in a
TC tank circuit, even at low duty cycle - maybe a few (20) seconds on at a
time? Thanks!

Sean Taylor
The Geek Group
G-1 #1204